When you started off coaching, I had lots of time. Why? Well, I didn’t work with many people then! But over time, as we are able to help more & more people reach their goals…our time to continue to upgrade our knowledge shrinks.
Eventually the gap between the people we are training, and our own knowledge, shrinks too.
So every month we provide done-for-you continuing education session for our Facility Programming Clients. This differs from the daily session plans & video breakdowns of the training, which is designed around executing a great training session that day.
The Coach’s Development Course is structured to give your coaching staff the tools to be set up for success in the months to come.
This November, we’re focusing on building the skills needed in 4 areas for success around the start of the year.
1. Leadership: Staying motivated over the holidays. Your team will learn:
-How you will help keep your members engaged over the holidays while they are away?
-How you will showcase staying on top of your own fitness while you are away, or ‘enjoying’ the benefits of your fitness with friends & family?
-How the fitness you provide in your program is much more than what happens in the gym?
2. Warm Up & Mobility: Thoracic Mobility & identifying individuals who need these before class, in a general warm up, or as part of a specific warm up. Your coaches will instruct each other on:
–Bench Thoracic Spine Extensions
-Foam Roll holding weight
-Barbell Opener w/partner
3. Movement & Technique Instruction: Landmine Press Variations, and training stimulus benefits. Your coaches will learn:
-What are the benefit of Landmine Press & it’s variations?
-What types of strength training can benefit from Landmine Press/variations.
-What planes of movement does this work?
-What type of individuals in your gym is this beneficial for?
4. Training Protocols: Coaching & Programming adjustments for members with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Your Coaches will learn:
1. Physical rx to help stay ahead
2. Mental Rx
3. Emotional Rx
And identify which members may candidates in your program to watch out for, as well as making sure you have the right systems in place to help them stay healthy over this time.
The full Coach’s Development Course session is designed to take between 60-90 minutes, and comes with a full instructional video overview.